Happy Friday! I turn 24 today, which sounds kind of alarming to me, but I definitely believe that the best is yet to come and I'm thankful for all I've been able to see and accomplish in my life so far.
In celebration of my birthday, I wanted to do something a little different on here today called 8 on the 8th - 8 facts about me. Those of you who have been with me for awhile may know a lot of these things, but I don't have an 'About Me' on my blog right now, so let's start with some things about me...
1. My blog name comes from my middle name, Lenore. It's a name that's been passed down my mom's side of the family, so it's meaningful to me and I think it's such a beautiful name. When I was younger I went through a phase where I didn't like my first name (did anyone else experience this or was I just a weird child??) and thought about going by Lenore. As I got older I grew out of this, but still wanted to use my middle name in a big way. Then this blog came about and seeing as it's such a big part of my life and something I'm so passionate about, using that special name for it was the perfect fit. Will I ever stop getting emails saying "Hi Lenore"? Probably not, but it's totally worth the confusion (at least for me)!
2. I definitely fall more on the introverted than extroverted spectrum. While I wouldn't consider myself shy anymore, and don't get crazy social anxiety or avoid large groups, I definitely excel most easily in small groups or with my husband, or simply alone. I'm comfortable alone, and find that some peaceful alone time each week energizes me and puts me in a more positive, relaxed place.
3. I attended the University of Missouri - Columbia (go Tigers!) for four years and have my Bachelor's degree in Journalism - Strategic Communication. I always wanted to go to a big school, so when I fell in love with the campus and discovered they had the top-ranked journalism school in the nation (still #1), it became the perfect fit. While at Mizzou, I rushed and became a Chi Omega, and later served as a Pi Chi (counselor, basically) for formal recruitment, which was such a fulfilling experience. Mizzou was an overall incredible experience for me in many ways. While there I met my now husband, met some of my closest friends in the world, got to fulfill my love of sports by watching top-tier teams, rivalries and some really memorable games, and truly discovered who I was. Going to a huge school as an introvert was terrifying at times, but it pushed me outside of my comfort zone. I learned how to be self-motivated, how to think for myself, how to find confidence within myself, and how to live/work/communicate with all kinds of people. The experience as a whole made me very open-minded, and much more confident.
4. My husband, Trey, and I live in a smaller town in Missouri right now. I can easily say that I never envisioned myself in a small town or really anywhere but a city. But things change as you get older and you realize that what truly matters is being with the person you love and being around family...when you're with your best friend and partner and have all the love in the world, it doesn't matter where you are. That being said, we are definitely big-city dreaming and don't know what the future holds. Some places we've dreamed and talked about are San Diego (where I was born), NYC, Phoenix, and Kansas City. And yes, everything I wear on my blog I actually wear here. At first I was hesitant to dress more "fashion-forward" and dressy in a small, casual town, but I decided that life is short - so wear what you want to wear :)
5. I was a total late-bloomer. In middle school I was incredibly awkward, and in high school I started growing out of that but had bad style (Hollister was really big then in my defense) and knew nothing about hair and makeup. I was definitely never the girl that always looked cute. Fast forward a few years and I've gone through quite a few style and hair makeovers, and I finally [kind of] know what I'm doing. I'll have to share a few throwback pictures sometime :)
6. I'm naturally blonde! Most people are shocked to find this out because I haven't had my natural hair color in about 6 years. Fun news though...I'm going to be trying out some new things with my hair soon and you just may see a blonde me sometime in the future :)
7. Trey and I bought a house in June of last year, which has been challenging but rewarding. I haven't posted many pictures of the inside or outside yet because when we moved in it was pretty ugly! We've made great progress, but unfortunately home renovations take two little things called time and money :) So, I'm not really ready to unveil anything yet, even though it's come so far! Even rooms we've redone are still very low on furniture and decor, so I'm just trying to finish areas as I can while we save up for the next round of big projects.
8. My favorite things:
- Colors: black, white, blush pink
- Scents: lavender and lilac
- Flowers: peonies and hydrangeas
- Designers: Chloe, Rebecca Minkoff, Rachel Zoe, Marissa Webb, Prabal Gurung to name a few
- Places I've Traveled: Greece and NYC
- Foods: sushi, fruit, Mexican
- Dessert: ice cream and frozen yogurt
- Drinks: water, water and more water! but also wine, smoothies and green tea (no soda!)
- Book: Pride and Prejudice
- Celebrity Girl Crushes: Blake Lively and Gigi Hadid
- Miscellaneous things I love: my furries Russell and Lulu, being an aunt, watching my husband coach, getting to stay up late and sleep in, having fresh flowers in the house, and a DVR full of our shows so we can cuddle on the couch and watch them :)
Thank you so much for following my blog and being on this journey with me! Have a wonderful weekend! We're off to a little weekend getaway :)