My two favorite new polishes for spring/summer: China Glaze 'Dance Baby' and OPI 'Mod About You'
I absolutely love trying new beauty products whenever possible, and I've gotten into the habit of keeping a list of what I've tried and liked so that I can periodically share with you! I've accumulated quite the list these past few months, so this is a really long post!
Row 1: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Whiz | Sole Serum c/o | Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads | Tangle Teezer Brush | Sephora Blush Brush
Row 2: Tanwise Sunless Tanning Lotion | Almay Clear Complexion Concealer | Benefit Fakeup Concealer | Honest Hazel Eye Gels c/o
Row 3: Benefit Porefessional Primer | China Glaze 'Dance Baby' | OPI 'Mod About You' | Burt's Bees Tinted Balm in 'Sweet Violet' | MAC Lipstick in 'Lickable' | Not Your Mother's Double Take Dry Finish Texture Spray
- Benefit The Porefessional Primer: I have tried a lot of primers in the past several months including MAC, Hourglass, Laura Mercier and Too Faced. This one blew them out of the water for what I needed, which was a primer that would lock onto my makeup and make it last, but to not dry me out in the meantime. It's 100% worth the money in my book, and my makeup glides on so smoothly over it and lasts significantly longer versus the other primers I tried.
- Benefit Fakeup Concealer: This is amazing for under the eye. It's very illuminating and has very minimal creasing.
- Almay Clear Complexion Concealer: This is an equally great concealer but for blemishes. I made the mistake of using the same concealer for both needs for a long time, but I've had much better results with using two different ones. This stays put nicely, blends well, and ultimately does a great job of covering my blemishes around my chin/mouth area. Bonus: it's cheap!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Whiz: I'd heard their products were basically holy water for brows, so I switched to the Brow Whiz pencil and freaking love it. They have a lot of color options and it blends really nicely. I'd like to venture out and try a gel next I think...
- MAC Lipstick in 'Lickable': Weird name, amazing lipstick. I realized after cleaning out my lipstick/stain/gloss collection several months back that I was lacking a nice bright pink for spring and summer. Enter this lipstick, which has a bit of sheen, but lasts for hours and totally brightens up my face (I'm wearing it in my previous two outfit posts this week if you'd like a peek).
- Burts Bees Tinted Balm in 'Sweet Violet': I love the concept of a tinted balm that I can apply for a little color on my lips without a mirror or having to deal with lipstick, and this is the perfect product for that! I want to try more colors as well, but 'Sweet Violet' is a really subtle berry that adds some polish but in a relaxed way.
- Sephora Multitasker Blush Brush #54: I desperately needed to replace my ancient and cheap blush brush, so I just purchased this one and the quality is fantastic. I've been so impressed with all of the Sephora Collection brushes I've tried so far.
- Not Your Mother's Double Take Dry Finish Texture Spray: Long name, but worth all the typing to share this with you. I have baby fine hair, so I rely on texturizing products to give me some volume and my beachy waves. This one adds volume to your roots and helps 'mess up' the rest of your hair (and works as a light hairspray also) without leaving any kind of stickiness or clumping.
- Tangle Teezer Brush: I don't deal with extreme tangles, but did want a brush that could untangle my hair quickly when necessary, as well as thoroughly brush out my curls. Sometimes when I curl my hair it ends up too curly for my liking, so I like to use this to brush them out and convert them into waves!
- Tanwise Sunless Tanning Lotion: I've been using this regularly the past month and it's really really good for the price (just $10.99!). I discovered it thanks to Amber Fillerup, and it's since replaced my $26+ Fake Bake (which I love but can't afford to buy all the time haha). It blends on nicely, doesn't stain your clothes or sheets (score) and doesn't smell nearly as strong as most other self tanners. The color isn't as drastic after one application as Fake Bake, but for the cheaper price I don't mind just layering it on a couple of times a week. They have a big line of products I'm wanting to try.
- Nails: China Glaze 'Dance Baby' (love that name) and OPI 'Mod About You.' These are both such pretty pinks with a hint of purple in them! They're fun and summery without being so fuchsia. When I got a pedicure several weeks ago I picked out 'Dance Baby' and it is still looking flawless on my feet with zero chips, even after walking around at the Masters!
- Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads: I used these in high school but recently picked them up again, and I'm so glad I did! They're very gentle but get everything off so you don't get out of the shower with mascara face.
- Sole Serum: This is such a creative product that helps alleviate foot pain, specifically for when you wear heels. I wear heels a lot for work and while some days are spent predominantly sitting at my desk, others are spent walking around school buildings or standing and presenting. So, I was really excited when they reached out that I would get to try out this product and was even more excited to discover that it worked! Pretty shocking, I know. You can read the really cool story about how they were created and meet the young female entrepreneur (get it girl) behind them here.
- Honest Hazel Eye Gels: These are a revitalizing under-eye treatment that reduce puffiness, brighten dark circles, and firm up the delicate skin around your eyes. These feel so incredibly soothing, and I enjoyed treating my eyes while laying in bed watching TV earlier this week! Below I have a giveaway so that one of you can try them out too!
Let me know if you've tried any of these and what you thought, or which other products you're loving lately! Thanks so much for reading, and have a great weekend!